I thought a good way to keep track of all the gorgeous recipes I find everyday at my favourite food blogs was to start posting a weekly round up featuring a theme ingredient.
That way I can share my discoveries with you and save a load of bookmarks for myself. Clever, huh?
If you (or I) ever want to find a particular archived ingredient in this series, the nifty little search bar in the top right hand corner will prove very helpful.
This week’s ingredient is FIGS.
Can you believe that I haven’t posted a single fig recipe? Shame on me *slaps hand*. Perhaps this list of delicious recipes will spur me on to actually share a fig recipe in the near future. That is, if I can stop shoving them down my throat long enough to photograph them!
Here we go:
– Fig Balsamic Sauce is one of the best uses for figs I have ever seen! That wonderful White On Rice Couple sure are clever. It’s perfect for drizzling over cheese which is another one of my favourite things!
– My deep love of Arnotts Fruit Pillows makes this Fig Bar recipe from LemonPi high up there on my to-do list.
– Wild Fig and Rose Ice cream, need I say more? The lovely Not Quite Nigella (she’s better!) has done it again.
– I’m not usually a pizza fan, but Jaden at Steamy Kitchen’s Warm Fig, Apple and Gorgonzola flat bread is something super special indeed.
– Jane Spice, you have my heart with your delicious Fig and Polenta Cake with Cinnamon.
– I could eat Allen’s Cinnamon Fig Jam all day long… and it’s another great accompaniment for cheese!
– Baked Figs with Mozarella from Peter at Souvlaki for the Soul is a fabulous combination.
– I think these Fig, Pear and Bacon Wraps from What’s For Lunch Honey? would be oh-so-good with a crispy confit duck leg, don’t you?
Have you got a favourite fig recipe? Leave me a link in the comments.
Happy eating, Christie
Would love a vote if you get a chance. Go on, I’ll be your best friend….