A short and sweet post today.
Remember those finger limes I picked up at Lennox Head markets last month? Well, this is what I made with some of them.
A totally lush sweet ‘n sour dressing that literally pops in your mouth, due to those juicy little finger lime bits!
The macadamia oil really adds a nice mouthfeel and the oiliness balances out the tartness of the lime perfectly. But if you don’t have any you could substitute with avocado oil or another oil that doesn’t overpower – olive might be too strong for this.
I thought I had already posted a salad that this would go beautifully with, but alas, a check of my archives shows that it must have got lost in my photos folder! I will dig it up and post in a few days! If you can’t wait that long, try it on this quinoa salad.
Linking up with the gorgeous Veggie Mama for her Meatless Mondays series. Hop on over to her blog as she’s got a wicked frittata recipe today.
Lastly, if you are jumping on the Bloglovin bandwagon because Google Reader is shutting down, then click this link to add Fig & Cherry to your blog reading list: Follow my blog with Bloglovin.
Sweet fingerlime dressing
- 1/2 regular lime, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave syrup)
- 3 tablespoons macadamia oil
- pinch white pepper
- pinch sea salt
- 1 finger lime, torn open and flesh squeezed out (about 2 teaspoons worth)
1. Whisk together the lime juice, honey, oil, pepper and salt.
2. Gently stir in the finger lime flesh and serve over your favourite salad.