This post is sponsored by Vitasoy.
Flavoured hummous is all the rage, y’all!
OK, I just made that up.
Seriously though, flavoured hummous is really good. My favs are pumpkin or beetroot, if I can’t have the real thing. Roasted capsicum is good too – have you tried it?
Today I am introducing you to avocado hummous. The vitamin E, good-fat-filled, greenest hummous of them all! (Of the flavoured hummous’s, that is).
As you can see, I’m not a purist kinda gal. Although I do love a traditional recipe or two sometimes.
I’ve also spiked this little beauty with lime juice, coriander and a little soy milk, as the recipe was especially created for my client Vitasoy. Feel free to substitute water or some chickpea can juices instead, if you prefer.
I think this tastes especially good with crisp veggies for dipping, but I won’t go calling the police if you use some pita chips or corn chips instead. Whatever floats your boat is A.O.K with me!
How about you – do you like to tweak recipes, or are you a purist all the way? And have you tried flavoured hummous? What did you think?
makes about 1 cup
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and stoned
- 1 fat garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2-3 sprigs coriander, leaves picked
- 1 lime, juiced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Vitasoy Soy Milky Regular* (substitute with water for soy-free version)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Add the chickpeas, avocado, garlic, tahini and coriander leaves into the bowl of food processor and process for a few minutes until it forms a rough paste.
2. Add the lime juice, soy milk and salt and process until smooth, adding a little extra lime juice or soy milk if needed to get the consistency you like.
3. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately with pita chips and crunchy raw veggies. Best eaten on the day it is made as it discolours if kept in the fridge.
Fig & Cherry was commissioned by Vitasoy Australia to develop this sponsored recipe featuring their range of non-dairy milks. For more great soy recipes (including plenty more by Christie!) visit www.soy.com.au.
If you are a brand or PR who would like to commission a sponsored recipe, please get in touch via the Advertising page.
Try dolloping it on this roasted cauliflower salad, delish!