A bit of foresight. It’s all you need to wake up to deliciousness.
Those of you who think foresight is just.too.hard.basket. Don’t click away, this is the recipe for you.
Simply bung 3 ingredients into a plastic container, put the lid on and chuck it in the fridge. You just have to remember to do this before you go to bed.
Then, in the morning, you’ll have breakfast ready quicker than you can clean the sleep out of your eyes. Promise.
You will awake to sweet, chewy oats that have soaked up all the cloudy apple juice and are ready for your tummy.
Simply top with good quality yoghurt (I love five:am vanilla bean or more recently, their honey and cinnamon flavour), a few nuts (hazel and brazil) and some fresh fruit (blueberries and strawberries, or whatever is seasonal) and voila, breakfast is served!
Now, put the kettle on and settle into the nice smug feeling of healthiness that comes with eating so well in the morning. It’s going to be a great day! :)
Super simple bircher muesli
serves 2 (and one toddler, or two greedy adults)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cloudy apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- 4 tablespoons vanilla bean yoghurt (I love the five:am brand)
- nuts and fresh fruit, to garnish (I used hazelnuts, brazil nuts, blueberries and strawberries)
1. Place the oats, apple juice and sultanas in a shallow container. A rectangle plastic takeaway container is perfect. Stir well.
2. Put the lid on and place in the fridge overnight.
3. In the morning, stir in the sunflower seeds and spoon into bowls. Top with yoghurt, chopped nuts and fresh fruit and serve.