By BAD, I don’t mean bad-ass, as in, cool. I mean BAD as in CRAP.
This is obviously a tongue in cheek post. However, I have been a very bad blogger of late and I thought I might share with you some of the things you shouldn’t do.
So yes, if you want to be a GOOD blogger, do the opposite of what I say here.
These have been my crimes for the past 12 months…
1. Post infrequently. With no ryhme or reason. Don’t worry, readers will still keep coming back to check if you’re still alive. Ahem.
2. Take bad photos. Preferably unstyled. And don’t even publish them on your blog, just share on Instagram. Example.
3. Neglect social media. Sporadically post on Facebook at any time of the day or night and don’t even go near Twitter for 3 months+.
4. Forget to send newsletters. Turn off your monthly newsletter that sends all your recent posts to your subscribers. Because there’s no content, see point #1.
5. Only post client work. Enthusiastically accept paid work, then miraculously make time to spruik it via your blog. Your readers will love reading only sponsored content for months on end. *cough*
6. Ignore comments. Or reply back, like a million years later. (OK, I should apologise for this one – I LOVE your comments and am deeply sorry for not continuing the conversation with you! Life just got in the way. See next point).
7. Change direction. Don’t post about food at all. Just out of the blue, write serious stories about your kids.
Can you think of any more blogger faux pas I’ve committed recently? Go on, tell me. I’ve got a tough skin.
Hoping to see you again here soon! No promises as to when :)
Special thanks to my blogger pal Kelley for the inspiration for this post. If you fancy a big belly laugh, check out her recent offering: 10 reasons why I am clearly not a blogger.